Stack Overflow

Thread: Stack Overflow

jefro Guest

Default Stack Overflow

the error i get is <BR>------------------ <BR>Request object error &#039;ASP 0107 : 80004005&#039; <BR><BR>Stack Overflow <BR><BR>/test/test.asp, line 2 <BR><BR>The data being processed is over the allowed limit. <BR>-------------------- <BR><BR>ok so the problem is not the amount of information... <BR>i wonder if i dont try to display it if it will do the same thing??? <BR><BR><BR>any ideas? <BR>

Default Try NOT displaying it.

Go with your gut and test that idea.<BR><BR>See whathappens then.

Jefro Guest

Default RE: Stack Overflow (from an unlikly source)

i cand beleve it!!! for the first time ever Microsoft proved usefull to me...<BR><BR>i got a stack overflow because my variable was over ...well to many bites<BR>it said to break it up into however many it needed, send and recompile ... it worked, im amazed.<BR><BR>ive inclued the final code just in case you want to see<BR><BR><BR>form page<BR>------------------------------<BR><BR>&#060;FORM method=post action=test.asp name=theForm onsubmit="BreakItUp()"&#062;<BR> &#060;Textarea rows=3 cols=100 name=BigTextArea&#062;A bunch of text...&#060;/Textarea&#062;<BR>&#060;input type=submit value=go&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT Language=JavaScript&#062;<BR>function BreakItUp()<BR>{<BR> //Set the limit for field size.<BR> var FormLimit = 102399<BR><BR> //Get the value of the large input object.<BR> var TempVar = new String<BR> TempVar = document.theForm.BigTextArea.value<BR><BR> //If the length of the object is greater than the limit, break it<BR> //into multiple objects.<BR> if (TempVar.length &#062; FormLimit)<BR> {<BR> document.theForm.BigTextArea.value = TempVar.substr(0, FormLimit)<BR> TempVar = TempVar.substr(FormLimit)<BR><BR> while (TempVar.length &#062; 0)<BR> {<BR> var objTEXTAREA = document.createElement("TEXTAREA")<BR> = "BigTextArea"<BR> objTEXTAREA.value = TempVar.substr(0, FormLimit)<BR> document.theForm.appendChild(objTEXTAREA)<BR> <BR> TempVar = TempVar.substr(FormLimit)<BR> }<BR> }<BR>}<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062; <BR><BR>------------------------------<BR>and working page<BR>------------------------------<BR>&#060;% <BR><BR>Dim BigTextArea<BR><BR>For I = 1 To Request.Form("BigTextArea").Count <BR> BigTextArea = BigTextArea & Request.Form("BigTextArea")(I)<BR>Next<BR> <BR><BR><BR> <BR>BigTextArea = Replace(BigTextArea, " ", ",")<BR>Dim num<BR>num = 0<BR>lines = Split( BigTextArea, vbNewLine ) &#039; get an array of lines <BR>For n = 0 To UBound( lines ) <BR> items = Split( lines(n), "," ) &#039; get an array of items in each line <BR><BR><BR>num = num + 1<BR>Next <BR> <BR>Response.Write num<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR>----------------------------------<BR><BR><BR><BR>thanks all<BR>jefro

Default I'm just as amazed as you ...

So did my post help at all?<BR><BR>