how to call active-x component in ASP

Thread: how to call active-x component in ASP

prakash Guest

Default how to call active-x component in ASP

Hi,<BR><BR>I would like to know how to call active-x page in asp.<BR>for example the calender control, which is in Visual Interdev.<BR><BR>Plese suggest<BR><BR>Thanks

Default Use Server.CreateObject() <eop>

prakash Guest

Default RE: Use Server.CreateObject() <eop>

I am sorry..<BR><BR>few lines of sample code please.....<BR><BR>that would be of great help<BR><BR>what is &#060;eop&#062;....????

Default Example

Hi,<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT runat="SERVER" language="VBSCRIPT"&#062;<BR><BR>dim myCal<BR>set myCal=server.createobject("MSCAL.calendar")<BR>res ponse.write & "-" & myCal.month & "-" & myCal.year<BR><BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>I hope this helps

prakash Guest

Default not asp

what is this thing<BR><BR>&#060;eop&#062;<BR><BR>what tag is it...???

prakash Guest

Default RE: Example : How do I get to know about the names

well where do I get the details of the activex ctrls<BR><BR>like "MSCAL.Calender"<BR><BR>Well if I make my own component...what will be the name that I should use in the server..createobject(???????)<BR>Please advise...<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>

Default re <eop>

It means End Of Post. It just saves you time to know that you don&#039;t have to open the post. As for ActiveX Components - if you make your own component then you can use whatever name you give it when calling the component. There is an excellent article here on the basics - it is called Writing a COM Object with VisualBasic 6.0 By Nathan Pond <BR><BR>Do a search for Nathan Pond and you will find it. <BR>

prakash Guest

Default Thanks a lot ...shnaek ..<eop>... :-)

It really made me clear <BR><BR>Thank you so much<BR><BR>God bless you

asp Guest

Default what's not asp? <eop>