Display item selected by the user in list box before form submission??

Thread: Display item selected by the user in list box before form submission??

S.S.Gautam Guest

Default Display item selected by the user in list box before form submission??

&nbsp;<BR>Problem:<BR><BR>I want to create a form with a list box,some text boxes and a button.The user will enter some input in the text boxes then he will select one item from the list box and then he will click on the button and after that I will do some processing and then the form will be submitted to itself and after that I will display all the text boxes showing the inputs entered by the user and the list box also being set to the item selected by the user and then I will display some results from the entered input in the lower part of the page.<BR>Sir I can manage everything but I donot know how I will show the item selected by the user(before the form submission) in the list box.<BR><BR>Reply ASAP.<BR><BR>S.S.Gautam<BR>sham@sapientinfotech.co m<BR><BR>

Karel Guest

Default RE: Display item selected by the user in list box before form submission??

Hi, if I understand your question well, you want to put the listfield selected in a verification window. You can do this as follows : <BR><BR>Hpoe this helps<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>select case form_field<BR>case "list_1"<BR>&#037;&#062;<BR>&#060;OPTION selected = "true">list_1&#060;/OPTION><BR>&#060;OPTION>list_2&#060;/OPTION><BR>&#060;/SELECT><BR>&#060;%<BR>case "list_2"<BR>&#037;&#062;<BR>&#060;OPTION>list_1&#0 60;/OPTION><BR>&#060;OPTION selected="true">list_2&#060;/OPTION><BR><BR>&#060;/SELECT><BR>&#060;%end select&#037;&#062;