Can I call 1 access report from asp?

Thread: Can I call 1 access report from asp?

Default Can I call 1 access report from asp?

I am using asp and have no trouble connecting to my access database. I would however like to know if there is a way of calling up one specific report within the access database without having to recreate it in my web, or launching access and giving the user access to my whole database system. I already have an extensive system working in access and an extensive web site.<BR>Thanks.<BR>

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default It would be nice

It would be nice but no. Here is a quick overview.<BR><BR>Active Server Pages can be used to put a database on the Web which any user with a browser and an Internet connection could access from virtually anywhere.<BR><BR>If you want a database on the Web, typically what would happen is that a database such as Access (basically just consisting of tables) would be put on the Web.<BR><BR>Then Active Server Pages (which include HTML, VBScript, and JavaScript) would be created acting sort of like the old "queries, forms, and reports" to access the database - all hosted on a Web Server.<BR><BR>Active Server Pages are similar in many ways to regular HTML pages. But they are "dynamic" Web pages because the user can read and/or write to information in the database.<BR><BR>Not all Web hosts will handle Active Server Pages but many do.<BR><BR>Here are a few good ASP sites:<BR>o ASP101 -<BR>o 4GuysFromRolla -<BR>o Microsoft VBScript Language Reference -<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR><BR><BR>