IIS 5.0

Thread: IIS 5.0

Duc Guest

Default IIS 5.0

Sorry for post this question again.<BR><BR>The problem I have is that I have a desire group of people that will use my application. I want to use Integrated Windows Authenication in IIS 5 the check for their permission. I did set it up with Basic Authenication, and Integrated Windows Authenication. However, IE 5.0 by default will pick up my windows UserName and Password to log me in. That is not what I want. I want to force the user to logon to my application again, I don&#039;t want IIS to use my current windows authenication to log me on. Any idea how to do this?<BR>Thanks,<BR>Duc

Default RE: IIS 5.0

Try at start of page<BR>Response.Status = "401 access denied"<BR><BR>Need to set a flag after successful login though or keep getting login dialog.<BR><BR>from microsoft <BR>If Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") = "" Then<BR> &#039; force authentication if not<BR> Response.Clear<BR> Response.Status = "401 Access Denied"<BR> Response.End<BR> Else<BR> &#039; store the client&#039;s user name ins a session variable<BR> strLogonUser = Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")<BR> &#039; is this an NT domain logon?<BR> If InStr(strLogonUser,"\") then<BR> &#039; strip out an NT domain from the user name if present<BR> strLogonUser = Mid(strLogonUser,InStr(strLogonUser,"\")+1)<BR> End If<BR> End If<BR><BR>this probably won&#039;t work for you as ie already logged in need to incorporate your own flag as well.