Weird Problem? Cont......

Thread: Weird Problem? Cont......

danscan Guest

Default Weird Problem? Cont......

I have lowered it down to this. <BR>there are two recordsets on the page. rsLogin, rsGame.<BR><BR>rsLogin works then rsGame does not.<BR>After I refresh it rslogin will not work.<BR>wait a period of time(about five minutes) and rslogin will work on refresh but rsGAme will not. <BR><BR>I isolated rsGame and it will work when it is the only recordset on the page. but rsGame will fail upon refresh also. Wait a period of time and it will work again.<BR><BR>I checked all SQL statments and they are correct.<BR><BR>What is causing this? Is something holding memory?<BR><BR><BR>

<eop> Guest

Default REPOST

danscan Guest

Default actually its an update.

question was rephrased and results updated.

Default RS not closed? Conn not closed?

In theory, objects are automatically closed and set to nothing when an ASP page finishes, but...<BR><BR>Are you carefully doing RS.Close and Conn.Close for all your recordsets and connections? And then, to play it safe, doing Set RS=Nothing and Set Conn=Nothing, too?<BR><BR>The only time I had this problem was when I would get an error in a query. Then the connection wouldn&#039;t re-open until it "timed out". But that was with a prior version of PWS and I *thought* those bugs were gone by now.<BR><BR>