SQL 2000 book recommendations

Thread: SQL 2000 book recommendations

neils Guest

Default SQL 2000 book recommendations

Hello,<BR><BR>I&#039;m looking for a good book on Database design that focuses on SQL Server 2000. What I&#039;m looking for is a good DB design base, info on writting triggers and stored procedures, and SQL 2000 Administration.<BR><BR>Maybe to broad of topics for one book, so if you have several in mind, please post them.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Neils

Default Beginner?

This is my assumption. If so, the SQL Server and Visual Basic book from Wrox is a great book to get you started. It does have some SQL Server administration but it&#039;s not really geared to advanced DBA&#039;s. Mostly towards how a developer would need to setup a database.

Neils Guest

Default RE: Beginner?

More intermediate. I&#039;ve been doing the basics for a while, mostly accessing databases through ASP, doing Insert, Update, Delete, etc. But I&#039;d like to get a little deeper into the technical stuff.

Default Well...That book...

...does do a decent job showing ADO in use with various stored procedure techniques. Is there something specific you are looking for?<BR><BR>I&#039;ve actually found the help in the SQL Server Enterprise manager to be very useful in comparison to most books.<BR>EggHeadCafe.com has some more advanced admin examples as a start.<BR>sqlmag.com is also good.

Default RE: SQL 2000 book recommendations

I&#039;ve bought a 4 book set from Osbourne/McGraw Hill and have found them very useful. They&#039;re titled: SQL Server 2000:Developer&#039;s Guide, SQL Server 2000:Complete Reference, SQL Server:Web Application Developer&#039;s Guide and SQL Server 2000: Stored Procedures (there&#039;s a 5th one called Adminstration I believe). I have read through about 50% of them and found a lot of good techniques and tips.