XML and IIS5

Thread: XML and IIS5

Yeller Guest

Default XML and IIS5

Hi<BR><BR>I&#039;ve recently developed a site which loads XML docs from a third-party database and extracts data from those docs to display. <BR><BR>Everything works fine when I test the site using PWS, but when I upload to the webserver, which is running Windows 2000/IIS5, it just won&#039;t work. I&#039;ve tried every combination I can think of, but it doesn&#039;t seem to read the document. Are there some settings I need to alter in IIS5 to allow it to read XML from an external source?<BR><BR>Thanks to anyone who can help -- this is driving me up the wall!<BR><BR>Yeller

Doug Setzer Guest

Default RE: XML and IIS5

Are you getting an error? If so, is it on a particular line of code? Does it result in a parse error? Does it happen if you try opening local XML documents?<BR><BR>-Doug

Yeller Guest

Doug, I am getting an error:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01A8)<BR>Object required: &#039;[object]&#039;<BR>/test/test3.asp, line 16<BR><BR>This happens regardless of whether I use the XMLDOM component, XMLHTTP, MSXML2, whatever. I know that the document is being retrieved -- in fact, using the .responseText object of XMLHTTP I can even write the contents of the XML to the screen -- I just can&#039;t navigate it (for example, selecting a single node or getting an element by tag name). <BR><BR>I&#039;m pretty sure that it&#039;s not the fault of my ASP as it runs fine on PWS and, more importantly, examples that I&#039;ve downloaded (including ones from 4guys) don&#039;t work when I upload them to my server either -- it&#039;s this that&#039;s making me think that it&#039;s a permissions problem.<BR><BR>I really new to the whole Windows server thing, so I don&#039;t really know where to start. Any help that anyone can offer will be very much appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Yeller

make sure you have the most updated XML DOM install..like IE5 install or XMLDOM3.0 installed

Yeller Guest

Yup, IE5.5 and XML4. Still no joy -- in fact, I can&#039;t even open an XML document from the server -- trying to do this in IE (that is, putting the address of the doc into the browser address bar) brings up eiter an &#039;invalid XML declaration error&#039; or, when the XML doc refers to a schema, an &#039;access denied&#039; error. However, calling the same page from my local machine works just fine. <BR><BR>Please, somebody help!