clean !!

Thread: clean !!

mark b. Guest

Default clean !!

hi, All i need some help to clean up a string. ok if i hav a string like this. how could i clean this string below so it starts with &#039;politicalnt&#039; and ends with &#039;made&#039; the string is a variable that changes depending on what search was made.. <BR><BR>eg1: string= ime-costly politicalnt with its slow pace. in july 1998, the united states made fur<BR><BR>the second one i would want to start with &#039;slowly&#039; and end with &#039;a&#039;. <BR>eg2: string= re slowly improving in some areas. politics in kwazulu-natal kwazulu-natal has a histy

Default unclear

please re-phrase that question - it looks like it&#039;s answered itself, but I&#039;m not sure it&#039;s what you meant..<BR><BR>j

Default All you want is to lop off...

...partial words on front and end of string? That&#039;s dirt easy.<BR><BR>But how do you *KNOW* they are only *PARTIAL* words???<BR><BR>Do you care? Is it okay to lop off full words if they are there, anyhow???<BR><BR>Because finding out if you have a full word means accessing some dictionary. And that means either figuring out how to use the dictionary in MS Word or purchasing a separate dictionary DLL that you turn into an ActiveX component.<BR><BR>If you don&#039;t care...well, then: Look at InStr and InStrRev and think about what character you can search forwards and backwards to that is guaranteed to occur between words.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Mark.b Guest

Default RE: All you want is to lop off...

Thanks Bill thats actully what i needed. someone to subtley tell me that i must stop being lazzy and figure out the proplems myself.. <BR><BR>Thanks.. from Mark