How do I send mail from a mailform

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I send mail from a mailform

prakash Guest

Default How do I send mail from a mailform

How do I send mail from a mailform<BR>I tried the CDONTS.NewMail<BR><BR>But its not working<BR><BR>any suggestions<BR>anyway thanx all

James W/ Guest

Default Post code & error

You said CDONTs is not working. What errors or problems are you having? What code are you using?

prakash Guest

Default RE: Post code & error

&#060;%<BR> Dim objMail<BR> Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR> <BR> objMail.From = ""<BR> objMail.Subject = "How TO send email with CDONTS"<BR> objMail.To = ""<BR> objMail.Body = "This is an email message" & vbcrlf&_ <BR> "with CDONTS." & vbcrlf&_<BR> "It is really easy. " <BR> objMail.Send<BR> <BR> Response.write("Mail was Sent")<BR> set objMail = nothing<BR>%&#062;

James W. Guest

Default And what's the error?

Do you get an error? Is a .eml file created in your Mailroot directory? Do you have CDONTS installed?

prakash Guest

Default well its in the C:InetpubmailrootQueue

The mails I have sent are all in the folder but not going into my email accounts...<BR><BR>

James W. Guest

Default Ok, is service running?

If they&#039;re in the queue, they&#039;re waiting to go out. Try starting and stopping the SMTP Service

prakash Guest

Default Yes I got it...but

Do I have to do this settings in SMTP Service all the time<BR><BR>Thank you very much James<BR>

James W. Guest

Default RE: Yes I got it...but

You won&#039;t have to manually start it everytime but if you&#039;re going to be using CDONTS, set the service to auto start.

prakash Guest

Default can use CDONTS for mailform in my website

Well I want to know weather I can use this method for mailform in my web site....<BR><BR>well from anymachine...I can use, is it not necesary to be an NT Family....<BR><BR>

James W. Guest

Default RE: can use CDONTS for mailform in my website

If you mean &#060;form method="mailto" then no, you can&#039;t use CDONTs. You&#039;d have to use Front Page Server Extensions, and if not NT/ASP, I don&#039;t know what you&#039;d use.