Different users same password, can that happpen

Thread: Different users same password, can that happpen

Default Different users same password, can that happpen

Hi,<BR><BR>Let&#039s say a page can only be accessed if I supply<BR>my username and password. 2 different users are<BR>currently accessing this page by using the same<BR>username and password.<BR>Can that happen? If so, how to detect it?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>The beginner

Default RE: Different users same password, can that happpen

Yes it can happen and yes you can stop it. I take it that you have the username&#039s and passwork&#039s stored in a database and you have check it against that. In the database you can also store another field(called "Logon" say), which is a boolean (it can only be one of two states, true or false, yes or no...). When a user successfully logs on, update this field to true.<BR><BR>If another user where to attempt to log on using the same details they would be refused as the Logon field is set to true. When the user logs out (Ends their session on your server) the Session_OnEnd event in the Global.asa file resets the field in the database to false.<BR><BR>Now that method depends on users having a Cookie enabled browser, most do these days, and you knowing a bit of asp. Sorry if some of that when over your head, but this is the method I use to stop password sharing :)<BR><BR>If you want to know more have a look at the articules available at http://www.4guysfromrolla.com they cover every thing you would need to know to do this method.

Default RE: Different users same password, can that happpen

Thanks a lot Pete. That&#039s the idea that I needed to do<BR>(and learn) the rest.<BR><BR>John Weeflaar