Server.Execute doesn't work...

Thread: Server.Execute doesn't work...

Frank Tetro Guest

Default Server.Execute doesn't work...

Hi there... I am new to the ASP, currently I am reading "Sams teach yourself Activer Server Pages 3.0 in 21 days" and I am now to the 13th day.. where you guys talk about "Server.Execute" and every time I try to run it, the server told me that the object "Server" had no property or method called "Execute" ? <BR>I saw a lot of example here in this site... but none works...<BR>I wish that you guys can help...<BR><BR>Thanks and congratulation for you site, it definitely rocks...<BR>Frank

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default RE: Server.Execute doesn't work...

Perhaps check this out:<BR><BR>New Directions in Redirection: Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0 Provides Two New Methods for Redirection by Ram Papatla<BR><BR>ASP3.0&#039;s Server.Transfer (instead of Response.Redirect) and Server.Execute work on IIS5 which is on Win2000.<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR><BR>

Frank T Guest

I didn&#039;t know that it was only for Win2K...<BR>And I don&#039;t think that it is written in the book... bah...<BR>And how did you know if you got IIS5 ?!? Is it only on Win2K or is it possible to take it for Win98 ?!?<BR><BR>Thank you Sir for the previous answer,<BR>I appreciate, :o)<BR>Frank

Frank T Guest

Ok I&#039;ve got the answer to my question about getting IIS4 upgraded to 5...<BR><BR>seeya