Multiple Form Posts

Thread: Multiple Form Posts

Jeff Kovach Guest

Default Multiple Form Posts

Is it possible to send input from a form to more than one place? For example, I have a messageboard in our company where people post events for the company. I want New messages Posted to go to the webpage and to everyone&#039;s email address.<BR><BR>Here&#039;s an example if possible:<BR>&#060;form method="POST" name="NewMsg" <BR>action="messageboard.asp" and ""&#062;<BR><BR>I hope this makes sense!<BR>Jeff

PKN Guest

Default RE: Multiple Form Posts

I&#039;ve never heard of that but can&#039;t you have messageboard.asp also send the e-mails?

Jeff Kovach Guest

I guess I could, but I don&#039;t know how! Maybe after submitting to the webpage, when the messageboard.asp loads, it would submit to email. Should I use a JavasSript function when the page loads to automatically send to email? I need to send the information to a popular email script called "" from WorldWideMart website. The only way I know to do this is with the form action property or argument.

PKN Guest

When you send the information to the email script, does it write a response back to your browser? If so, the message board would disappear when you resubmit to the e-mail script. Otherwise, that might work. I did something similar - a form is submitted and a report page is displayed. As soon as the report page is loaded, the form (with the hidden form elements) is submitted with the BODY onLoad event and it prompts the user to download a file. The report page remains though.

snihan Guest

Sounds almost like something I&#039;ve been working on. I&#039;m having a problem getting CDO to send results of a form to all emails generated by a results page. Wouldn&#039;t have any ideas would you? I can&#039;t get it to look at multiple records returned from the results.asp page, and email to all. Do I need a loop?