I&#039;m completely stumped by this one. I&#039;ve got IIS 5.0 up and running. Everything appears fine. Until I try to open a page with an ASP extension (even if the page doesn&#039;t exist!). I&#039;ve uninstalled IIS, rebooted and then reinstalled (a couple <BR>of times, actually). I&#039;ve checked the site the event error points to, but that just gives me a generic IIS page where I can search the Knowlege Base (which I&#039;ve been doing all day). Anyone have any ideas?<BR><BR>The browser reports:<BR>Server Application Error<BR>The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the <BR>processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail <BR>information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.<BR><BR>And the following event is recorded in the System Log:<BR>Event Type: Warning<BR>Event Source: W3SVC<BR>Event Category: None<BR>Event ID: 36<BR>Date: 5/24/2001<BR>Time: 2:03:19 PM<BR>User: N/A<BR>Computer: WIN2KSERVER<BR>Description:<BR>The server failed to load application &#039;/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT&#039;. The error was &#039;General <BR>access denied error<BR>&#039;. <BR>For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft <BR>Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. <BR><BR>.<BR><BR>