javascript - write function to produce ASP?

Thread: javascript - write function to produce ASP?

jdboog Guest

Default javascript - write function to produce ASP?

If I have an included javascript file that has a listing of functions to print text on my web pages, is there a way that I can create some document.write commands that will generate asp? For example, this is what I&#039;m trying now:<BR>&#060;!-- --&#062;&#060;script language="Javascript"&#062;var y="2mancount";asp_counter(y);&#060;/script&#062;<BR>in my html document. Then my javascript function has lines like this:<BR> document.write("&#060;% $value = \"/www/jd/cgi-bin/dir/" + page + "\";
    %&#062;");<BR><BR>I&#039;m setting my ASP to use Perlscript. I want it to use the variable passed to the javascript function to set a variable in the ASP to a concatenated value using that passed variable from the javascript. I plan on using this script in more than one place which is why I have the javascript function set up. <BR><BR>Any ideas? Am I missing something? Is there a way to have a stand alone asp file that I can pass values to in order to use the same code but with the different variable value?<BR><BR>

Chaveiro Guest

Default RE: javascript - write function to produce ASP?

would be easier to use Include File ?<BR>like:<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim somevariable &#039;say you would need this value for something<BR>somevariable = "something" &#039;in the another asp<BR>&#039;if the another page needs nothing, then forget it this lines<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;!-- then you can include a file using the SSI --&#062;<BR>&#060;!--#include file="somefile.asp"--&#062;<BR>&#060;!-- note that this file that will include the another has to be .asp --&#062;<BR><BR>hope was useful...