Using ADO to connect to linked FoxPro and Dbase ta

Thread: Using ADO to connect to linked FoxPro and Dbase ta

Default Using ADO to connect to linked FoxPro and Dbase ta

Is there a way to use ADO to connection to an Access97 database that has linked FoxPro 2+ .dbf tables and Dbase III or IV .dbf tables?<BR><BR>A system DSN was set up on our IIS 4.0 server for the Access97 database and I am able to successfully connect and open the non-linked tables in the Access97 database, but I get the following error messages with I try to connect to the linked tables.<BR><BR>“[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] &#039;\ServernameSharedDirectoryName&#039; isn&#039;t a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.”<BR>

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default RE: Using ADO to connect to linked FoxPro and Dbas

DSN-less connections are supposed to be faster and here are some resources:<BR><BR>Connections<BR><BR>"This page contains sample ADO connection strings for ODBC DSN, ODBC DSN-Less, OLE DB Provider, and MS Remote. These sample connection strings are from the Microsoft ADO Newsgroups and are compiled by Carl Prothman, a Microsoft Visual Basic MVP."<BR><BR>DSNless connection by Charles Carroll<BR><BR>Recommends DSNless as fastest.<BR>This is faster than a system DSN* since it saves a trip to read the registry each attempt.<BR>Links.<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR><BR>