ASP comparing with JSP & CGI

Thread: ASP comparing with JSP & CGI

Geoffrey Sinkeler Guest

Default ASP comparing with JSP & CGI

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039;m looking for some information about comparing ASP to JSP & CGI. I think I&#039;ve looked everywhere, but I can&#039;t seem to find good information or an example. <BR><BR>Also, I&#039;m looking for information about the technology behind ASP. For example, I&#039;m on a website that offers books for sale. I want to look for a book in the database (something like The entire website is in ASP. What happens the moment that I fill in a title of a book and I click on find. <BR><BR>I hope that someone can help me. I need this information for my script that I&#039;m working on for my education.<BR><BR>Already Thanks,<BR>Geoffrey

Default RE: ASP comparing with JSP & CGI

For ASP resources, use and the MSDN site (<BR><BR>By CGI I assume you mean Perl. Try for some stuff, although there are many, many tutorials on it out there.<BR><BR>JSP is a harder one to find resources for. I&#039;ve only done a small amount in JSP (*very* small amount), however JSP works in a VERY similar way to Java. Look up some Java resources on the &#039;net. If you find some today, post a couple of URLs as follow-ups. I personally would be quite interested :)<BR><BR>What you&#039;re talking about, however, is learning about various aspects of the three language types, e.g. ADO in VB, JDBC in JSP, and DBI in Perl (and that is just the database connectivity!). I&#039;ve been working with the Internet and varous technologies for about 5 years and I&#039;ve only really become comfortable with HTML, JavaScript, Perl and ASP!<BR><BR>Good luck!<BR><BR>Craig.