Please Help again!!

Thread: Please Help again!!

Charles Guest

Default Please Help again!!

I&#039;am getting the following error at line objrs.movelast, can you please tell me how to correct this error. <BR><BR>Thanks, <BR><BR>Error Message: <BR>Rowset does not support fetching backward. <BR><BR>code:<BR>Set objCommand = New ADODB.Command<BR> With objCommand<BR> .CommandText = "GetOrders"<BR> .CommandType = adCmdStoredProc<BR> .ActiveConnection = objConn<BR> End With<BR> Set objRS = objCommand.Execute<BR> objRS.MoveLast ---Error

Default Sorry, but that's a limitation..

Read the message. For this database you are using--and *maybe* for the cursor type you are using--you simply can&#039;t move backwards inside the RecordSet. This is not surprising. Many DBs don&#039;t support it. Many cursor types don&#039;t support it.<BR><BR>*IF* the DB supports it (and if you are using SQL server it does), then *MAYBE* you can alter the Stored Procedure to support this, but I kind of tend to doubt it.<BR><BR>Look here:<BR><BR><BR>And read this:<BR>*** QUOTE ***<BR>Use the MoveLast method to move the current record position to the last record in the Recordset. The Recordset object must support bookmarks or backward cursor movement; otherwise, the method call will generate an error.<BR>*** END QUOTE ***<BR><BR><BR><BR>