Name Redefined

Thread: Name Redefined

christ Tong Guest

Default Name Redefined

Hi my saver,<BR> I got a problem with &#060;!-- #INCLUDE FILE="connectDB.asp" --&#062; . In one particular page, I need to include a few files, and some of these files will include the same file "connectDB.asp". So, there is an error displayed: Error DIM -- Name redefined in "connectDB.asp". <BR><BR> I tried to set a variable "includeConn = &#039;Y&#039;" when I First include the file "connectDB.asp", and check if this variable is NULL at beginning of all other files which shall include the "connectDB.asp"; if the variable is still NULL, which means file has not been included before, I will make inclusion by simply:<BR><BR>&#060;% If ( includeConn = "" ) Then %&#062;<BR> &#060;!-- #INCLUDE FILE="connectDB.asp" --&#062;<BR>&#060;% End IF %&#062; <BR>but effort still in vain.<BR><BR> So, anyway to avoid the problem of Name Redefined ? I know in C++, there is a command #IFNDEF ... #DEFINE ... #ENDIF <BR><BR> Thank you for your time and patience.<BR>Regards<BR>Tong

Default RE: Name Redefined

If I am coorect in my thinking, "Name redefined" basically means that somewhere you have declared a variable in two places on the same page or in any linked include files.