Server.CreateObject problems (syntax???)

Thread: Server.CreateObject problems (syntax???)

Mike Greene Guest

Default Server.CreateObject problems (syntax???)

RE: Calling a DLL in ASP<BR>Mike Greene - 5/21/2001 2:54:01 PM<BR><BR>----------------------------------------------------------------<BR> I created a Wrapper ActiveX DLL with a class define in it. <BR>When I run this line: <BR>set CryptObj = server.createobject("CryptoCOM.TCryptoSwap") <BR><BR>I get this error: <BR>Server object error &#039;ASP 0177 : 800401f3&#039; <BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>My question is, How do I know the name of the Object and Class? <BR><BR>My DLL name is "CryptoCOM.dll" and the class defined in it is "TCryptoSwap". <BR><BR>I assumed that that object must be the DLL name, but I&#039;m unsure (and it doesn&#039;t work :^) ) <BR><BR>Thanks, -MIke

Default Use RegEdit...

...or RegEdt32, as appropriate.<BR><BR>Do a FIND looking for "TCryptoSwap" and it will show you the entire class name. Or FIND the DLL name. <BR><BR>

Mike Greene Guest

Default RE: Use RegEdit...

I guess it&#039;s not registered. When I ran regsvr32, it cliamed to have registered it. Hmmmm.....<BR><BR>Thanks for the help, I guess I have to figure somehting else out,<BR>-Mike