This is the second time in two weeks that this has happened. I am using an Access 97 database of about 1MB in size. My Web page is an ASP with a DSN-Less connection to the DB. Everything works great until I attempt to update the database file on the server. After the update I get the following error:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database &#039(unknown)&#039. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt. <BR>D:HTMLUSERSREADINGMATTERCOMHTML1../connect.txt, line 4<BR><BR>Here is the procedure I followed to do the update:<BR><BR>After editing several records in the database offline, I saved it on my local hard drive. I then made a copy and pasted the copy in the same folder as the original. Next, I connected to the FTP site using CuteFTP. Then, I used drag and drop to move the copy over to the server. After the transfer, I renamed the previous version of the database from "books.mdb" to booksPREV.mdb. Next, I renamed the updated version ("copy of books.mdb")to "books.mdb"<BR><BR>When I checked the site in the browser I got the error mentioned above. Being rational and logical, my next move was to attempt to revert back to the previous version of the database that had been working for two weeks. So I deleted the faulty update and renamed the file "booksPREV.mdb" back to "books.mdb" and what do you know, I got the SAME ERROR!!!<BR><BR>As I said, this first happened to me about two weeks ago. The only solution I could come up with at the time was to test the "so-called" corrupt database on another server at the ISP and to my suprise it worked PERFECTLY. So I decided to move the site to that server(where it currently resides) in hopes that the server was somehow at fault.<BR><BR>Well, the very same thing that happened on the previous server has happened again the first time I attempted to update the databaase file.<BR><BR>If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help me understand.<BR><BR>Thank you.<BR><BR>Scott B