migrating Access -> mySQL

Thread: migrating Access -> mySQL

Default migrating Access -> mySQL

I am migrating from access to mysql and seem to have hit a wall in the following page syntax. I dont get errors, just a blank page (where the results are displayed perfectly in ms-access but not in mysql), if anyone can help i will be most appreciative :)<BR><BR>***database connection***<BR>&#060;%<BR>dim objConn, objRS, sqlTemp<BR>set objConn = server.CreateObject("ADODB.connection")<BR>objConn .ConnectionString = "DSN=newvine"<BR>objConn.Open<BR><BR>set objRS = server.CreateObject ("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR><BR>sqlTemp = "SELECT COUNT(username) AS userhits, username FROM tracking GROUP BY username"<BR>objRS.Open sqlTemp, objConn<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>***display entries***<BR><BR>&#060;%do until objRS.EOF = true%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%=(objRS("username"))%&#0 62;&#060;/font&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%=(objRS("userhits"))%&#06 2;&#060;/font&#062;<BR><BR><BR>&#060;%objRS.MoveNext<BR>loo p%&#062;<BR><BR>please help someone?<BR>stacey

Tipster Guest

Default RE: migrating Access -> mySQL

The query is ok, I checked in my SQL server, you say you get a blank page have you &#039;viewed source&#039;, and also (sorry for pointing out the obvious) is your ODBC correct i.e. right drivers etc. use &#039;ODBCPing&#039; on the command line to comfirm.<BR>

Default ran through all the checks before posting

and still nothing happens. mmm it is quite strange. i will figure something out *hopefully*