Error Type:ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0CB3)

Thread: Error Type:ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0CB3)

Default Error Type:ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0CB3)

Can someone pls advice me what is wrong with my code objRS.AddNew<BR><BR><BR>Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>objRS.Op en "SELECT * FROM tblCompany", objConn, adOpenStatic<BR>intofrecord = objRS.RecordCount<BR>Response.Write intofrecord<BR><BR>While Not objRS.EOF<BR>Response.write objRS("CompanyName") & "<BR>"<BR>objRS.MoveNext<BR>Wend<BR><BR>objRS.AddN ew<BR>objRS("CompanyName") = "aaa"<BR>objRS.Update<BR>objRS.close<BR>set objRS = nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Technical Information (for support personnel)<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0CB3)<BR>Object or provider is not capable of performing requested operation.<BR>/airpower/design/testrecordest.asp, line 15<BR>

Default What line is error on????

I will *guess* on RS.Update or RS.AddNew<BR><BR>Two possible reasons (there are more possible, but let&#039;s start with these):<BR><BR>(1) You didn&#039;t specify a "Locking" mode for the RS.Open, so you get "adLockReadOnly" by default. Of course you can&#039;t add records to a recordset that can&#039;t get a writable lock!<BR><BR>(2) (Less likely) You are connected to a database that doesn&#039;t allow the ODBC calls that are needed to do RS.Update. MySQL is one such database (though there are ways around the limitation).<BR><BR>