Error Message

Thread: Error Message

Please Help Guest

Default Error Message

I am trying to add products and update products in my Access Database. I am running IIS and have made an ODBC System DSN Connection to my database. Whenever I try submit my changes I get the following error in my browser:<BR><BR>The page cannot be displayed <BR>There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. <BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Please try the following:<BR><BR>Click the Refresh button, or try again later.<BR><BR>Open the heike home page, and then look for links to the information you want. <BR>HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error<BR>Internet Information Services<BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Technical Information (for support personnel)<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query.<BR>/sams/sams/Source/Day05/manageproducts.asp, line 92<BR><BR><BR>Browser Type:<BR>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0) <BR><BR>Page:<BR>POST 350 bytes to /sams/sams/Source/Day05/manageproducts.asp<BR><BR>POST Data:<BR>productName=Orange+Sticks&productPrice=90 9&productPicture=orangesticks.jpg&productCategory= Chocolate+Covered&productBriefDesc=Chocolate+cover ed+sticks+of+orange+flavor%0D%0A%0D%0A%0D%0A%0D%0A %0D%0A+++ . . . <BR><BR>Time:<BR>Thursday, May 17, 2001, 12:06:48 PM <BR><BR><BR>More information:<BR>Microsoft Support <BR> <BR><BR><BR>What does this mean? Is there something wrong with my IIS? I copied these sample asp pages from a Sams book CD Rom -- so I am assuming they work. Thus there must be a problem with my IIS? Please help!<BR><BR>Thanks so much.

Reggie Guest

Default RE: Error Message

Go here:<BR><BR>Like the article says, it is most likely problem 1.

I bet that you are trying to add records to a recordset opened by executing a sql query on the connection object. i.e. oConn.Execute(sSql)<BR>Try using this instead. <BR>&#039;open your connection<BR>Set oRs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>oRs.Open sSql, oConn, 2, 3<BR>This will give you an updatable recordset

Please Help Guest

Thanks for your help! I have it going now! Much appreciated!

Please Help Guest

I got it going. Thanks for your help!