Operation must be an updatable query?

Thread: Operation must be an updatable query?

Default Operation must be an updatable query?

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039m trying to update an access database using the recordset commands AddNew and Update, but I keep getting the error "Operation must be an updatable query".<BR><BR>I have a feeling that it&#039s because I have a field in the Access database that is set to Autonumber, so I can&#039t insert a value for it. Is there a way around this? <BR><BR>Thanks alot,<BR>Dave

John Harvey Guest

Default RE: Operation must be an updatable query?

Try using a different SQL Statement.<BR>I&#039d use an Insert command like this (assume this is a CD collection database...table name is albums, fields are title, artist, year, etc...Also assume I&#039ve declared and set an ADO connection called objDataConnection)<BR>SQL = "INSERT INTO Albums (Title, Artist, Year, NumTracks, Label) VALUES (&#039Storm Front&#039, &#039Billy Joel&#039, &#039 1989&#039, &#039 10&#039, &#039Columbia&#039)"<BR>objDataConnection.Execute( SQL)<BR>

Steve Butler Guest

Default RE: Operation must be an updatable query?

This is i fact due to the way permissions are set on the server and is likely to be nothing to do with your scripting! You need to make sure that the server allows the database to be written to.