Kiosk application

Thread: Kiosk application

Default Kiosk application

I am trying to setup a kiosk running IE5. Is there anyway I can remove the minimize, maximize, and close buttons from the browser so the user can't close it?

Default I would imagine..

you would want to look at the IEAK (IE Admin Kit), which allows you to customize and deploy a "tweaked" version of IE.<BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Jerry

Default RE: Kiosk application

Yes.... As long as your target audience is only IE4+, then you can.<BR><BR>It&#039;s a little-known fact about IE, but the KIOSK mode (i.e. full-screen) can still be referenced as a window.<BR><BR>Ok, this isn&#039;t ASP, so this is a bad place to say it, but here goes.<BR><BR>==== START<BR>&#060;script&#062;<BR>function openKioskWin(){<BR>"/index.asp", "newKioskWindow", "toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menub ar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=1,width=600,height=400 ")<BR>}<BR>==== END<BR><BR>Of course, it&#039;s not ENTIRELY possible to stop the user closing the screen... They can still ALT-F4 to get out... Although...<BR><BR>Ok, now I&#039;ve really found a hole...<BR><BR>Hmm...<BR><BR>I think I&#039;ll keep that to myself though or we&#039;ll never be able to close browser windows...<BR><BR>Craig.