Creating Excel Report from ASP page (Not using Off

Thread: Creating Excel Report from ASP page (Not using Off

rifat Guest

Default Creating Excel Report from ASP page (Not using Off

Is there any way of creating an excel report from an ASP page? I know it can be done by using MS Office Web Components but it requiqres Office 2000 which I don&#039;t have.<BR><BR>What I am after is, after displaying the information in a table format to the user, he/she clicks on a button, and an excel session starts. All the info on the table appears on the excel report as well.<BR><BR>I hope I am clear enough. If not please let me know.<BR><BR>Many thanks<BR><BR>rifat

rifat Guest

Default I have found the answer, thanks anyway

What you need to do is <BR>1- Display your page as usual(I assume you create a recordset and display the content of it - Usual stuff).<BR><BR>2- Have a button (e.g. "Show Excel") on this page.<BR><BR>3- When you click on the button, call a Sub <BR> e.g. Display_ExcelReport<BR><BR>4- In this Sub Create the recordset again<BR>5- After creating the recordset type<BR><BR> Response.ContentType="application/" <BR><BR>6- Go through the recordset and display the contents of it<BR>7- You will see it will display the records on Excel.<BR><BR> What Response.ContentType="application/" does is to tell the browser to display the following info on Excel.<BR>