Thread: CGI-BIN Setup

webdaddy Guest

Default CGI-BIN Setup

Hi, - I&#039;m trying to test my Perl guestbook on localhost with IIS5.0 and I&#039;m<BR>not having any success.<BR><BR>This is what I HAVE done:<BR><BR>add .pl extension to server<BR>set NT permissions on said folder to RW&EX for everyone<BR>set IIS permission on said folder to R,W, EX, including scripts for<BR>everyone.<BR>I am the administrator and I am logged in.<BR><BR>First attempt I get a password dialog box, which doesn&#039;t accept my password.<BR>Then I ran through the IIS permissions wizard for the folder and ensured<BR>everyone did<BR>have RW,EX permissions and still I got a :<BR>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<B R> You are not authorized to view this page<BR> You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the<BR>credentials you supplied.<BR><BR><BR> HTTP 401.3 - Access denied by ACL on resource<BR> Internet Information Services<BR> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=<BR><BR > Any tips on how to make this blessed folder do what I tell it would be<BR>appreciated. Also any known tutorial sites on the subject might be of use.<BR> Thanks,<BR> Webdaddy<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: CGI-BIN Setup

you don&#039;t just need IIS permissions, you also need Windows permissions.