Redirect problem

Thread: Redirect problem

Ian B Guest

Default Redirect problem

Hi,<BR><BR>I need to response.redirect to a word file to download it to the client. Everything works fine on my computer running PWS. When I upload it to the ISP it gives an error:<BR><BR>The Page Cannot Be Displayed<BR><BR>I&#039;ve checked the file name and location and it seems to be fine. The path gives the absolute path name on the server. Th code used is:<BR><BR>response.redirect (strRoot&"files\"&Issue)<BR><BR>Can anyone shed light on this please?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Ian

coderwannabee Guest

Default RE: Redirect problem

have you tried writing the complete url to the file?

mark Guest

dude... hard code that url in there... like http://www.whatever.....<BR>make sure that works... if it does than, you know that one of your variables (strRoot, issue) is holding some wrong parts of your path.<BR>if your hardcoded url didnt work, then you know your file isnt there where its supposed to be, or the file names incorrect. looks like your using javascript... make sure your case is exact.

Sounds like you&#039;re trying to redirect to something like c:wwwrootinetpubsitenamefiles*<BR><BR>Absolute paths can be referenced by just using:<BR>Response.Redirect "/files/" & Issue

Ian B Guest

Default Thanks guys, great help <eop>