Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &

Thread: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &

Randy Storey Guest

Default Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &

I have a web server with NT loaded and IIS 4.0. I get the following error everytime the script attempts to connect to an Access Database.<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039;<BR>[Microsofe][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet databse engine cannot open the file&#039;(unknown)&#039;. It is alreay opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view it&#039;s data.<BR><BR>The code line referenced is:<BR><BR>Set conOrders = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>strConn ect = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" & _<BR> "DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("orders.mdb")<BR>conOrders.Open strConnect, "admin", ""<BR><BR>strSQL = "SELECT * FROM clients WHERE clientid=" & Request.Form("clientnum")<BR><BR>Set rsClients = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR>rsCl ients.Open strSQL, conOrders, adOpenForwardOnly, , adCmdText<BR><BR>If Not rsClients.EOF Then<BR><BR>I&#039;ve used the above script and also created a DSN to no avail. I&#039;ve updated the MDAC to the current version. I&#039;ve set NTFS permission to Full Control to all users.<BR><BR>The above code works on my workstation running PWS but when posted to the server is errors out.<BR><BR>I get the impression that it might be an IIS or MTS setup step that I&#039;ve missed. Appreciate any help anyone can offer.

2. #2 Guest

Default You nee permissions set for bd access

Youcode assumes that you are trying to access a database, orders.mdb, which it expects to find in the same folder where the script is. You need to make sure that the database folder has filesystem read/write permission, but http access denied. The filesytem read/write is required so that the db can operate, and http access is denied so that web visitors cannot download you db.

Randy Storey Guest

Default RE: You nee permissions set for bd access

The Database is located in the same directory as the asp/html files. The entire directory and all files have full NTFS control. The database is not password protected. What other permissions can there be.