Lets see if I can make sense here… I have a database with musician bios in them (name, position, bio, image). NOTE, the image field is not required. I have a standard web page that makes a recordset with the above 4 values and then prints them on the. However, if the image field is blank I get a broken image icon… makes sense, but if I try and put in something like:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>if rs(“image”) &#060;&#062; “” then<BR> Response.Write “&#060;img src=""view_image.asp?id=2001""&#062;”<BR>else<BR > Response.Write “NO IMAGE AVAILABLE”<BR>end if<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>NOTE: My file view_image.asp looks like:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim id<BR>id = Request.QueryString("id")<BR><BR>Dim conn, rs<BR>Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>conn.Op en "db","username","password"<BR>Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rs.Open "SELECT image FROM musicians WHERE id = " & id,conn,adOpenStatic<BR><BR>Response.ContentType = "image/jpg"<BR><BR>Response.BinaryWrite rs("image")<BR><BR>rs.Close<BR>Set rs = Nothing<BR>conn.Close<BR>Set conn = Nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>WELL… I get a big fat error message:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039;800a000d&#039;<BR>Type mismatch <BR>/admin/roster/test3.asp, line 65<BR><BR>Any help? How do I check to see if the image data is blank or not so I know whether or not to try and get the image? Is it because the image data is binary that I can’t use the standard rs and if/then? Is there any easy way around this? Am I making sense?<BR>Lou<BR><BR>