Creating Statistical Graphs with ASP

Thread: Creating Statistical Graphs with ASP

J.Prentzas Guest

Default Creating Statistical Graphs with ASP

I would like to know if there is a way of using ASP to create<BR>statistical graphs (pie charts or bar charts) based on data contained in a database. When this data changes the graphs should also change accordingly. Is there any way of doing this with ASP?<BR>I look forward to hearing from you.<BR><BR>

Default RE: Creating Statistical Graphs with ASP

The answer awaits you on 4Guys.<BR>http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/042199-1.shtml<BR><BR>Happy Programming!

Sparky Marcus Guest

The key to life is the GraphicsServer product (I hope I do not get into trouble for talking about a 3rd party product in this forum). You can find it at www.graphicsserver.com. Offers a gazillion chart types!! All Server based!!! Cheap!!! It generates a JPEG or GIF file as results. Can you say "cut and paste to Powerpoint?" Learning curve is slight if you are already comfortable with ADO. You may, however, run into some annoying installation points. Once you see that first chart, you will no longer look back. And no, I do not work for this company!<BR><BR>Mark

ChrisMMN Guest

I found a quick way to make horizonal bar charts based on database value. Use the width parameter on a HTML IMG statement and set it to your value. Because this is in pixels you may want to multiply your value by some number to get good looking charts. I created a sliver of a gif only 10x1 pixel (bar.gif) and here is what the ASP code could look like:<BR><BR>response.write "&#060;img src=bar.gif width=" & value*10 & "&#062;"<BR><BR>To have different colors, just make the gifs bar1, bar2, bar3, etc and use the loop variable with the img name ("bar" & x & ".gif")