Writing Files Problem

Thread: Writing Files Problem

Default Writing Files Problem

Hi,<BR><BR>I have an access database which isn&#039;t accessible by everyone.<BR><BR>I want some users to be able to pull out the data from the database and to save that data as a .csv file.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve got the code working all fine, but when I specify where I want to save the new .csv file this is where I come into difficulty.<BR><BR>If I specify c: emp ext.csv, then I know this will save it to the temp directory on the web server. <BR><BR>I need the ability for the .csv to be saved in a directory on the users pc<BR><BR>I&#039;ve been told that I cannot open up any directory on the web server so the users can go and get the file themselves<BR><BR>Is it possible to specify a target location on the users pc?<BR><BR>Appreciate your help<BR><BR>Darren.

Default RE: Writing Files Problem

No, it&#039;s not possible. You can access the database using ASP, and then add a header using Response.AddHeader to make the client download the file...<BR><BR>But exactly where they save it is not up to you - it&#039;s up to them.<BR><BR>Craig.