ASP and excel application

Thread: ASP and excel application

J Guest

Default ASP and excel application

Hi,<BR><BR>I wrote an asp page to create excel spreadsheet using data from Oracle. It worked on my PWS, however, when I put it on the company&#039;s intranet site (IIS 5.0), I got a error message:<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)<BR>Permission denied: &#039;CreateObject&#039;<BR>/piers1/QueryResults.asp, line 296<BR><BR>Does anyone how to configure IIS 5.0 to solve this problem?<BR>Obviously, the setting on company&#039;s IIS 5.0 server is different than my pws.<BR><BR>Below is the code:<BR><BR><BR>Set xlApplication = CreateObject("Excel.Application")<BR><BR> xlApplication.Visible = False<BR> xlApplication.Workbooks.Add<BR> Set xlWorksheet = xlApplication.Worksheets(1)<BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(1,1).Value = "DATE"<BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(1,2).Value = "COUNTRY"<BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(1,3).Value = "MT"<BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(1,4).Value = "NAME"<BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(1,5).Value = "COMMODITY"<BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(1,6).Value = "CITY"<BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(1,7).Value = "SLINE"<BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(1,8).Value = "USPORT"<BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(1,9).Value = "FPORT"<BR> xlWorksheet.Cells(1,10).Value = "ULTPORT"<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>

Default RE: ASP and excel application

It&#039;s a permissions issue (you guessed that already, huh?). There are a few places to start looking: first off, make sure that whatever account IIS is impersonating has read acces to the correct folders. Then, fire up regedt32 and check that whatever account IIS is impersonating has read access to the registry keys for the Excel.Application object.<BR><BR>I should probably also warn you that using any of the Office application objects on the server-side isn&#039;t highly recommended - they&#039;re VERY resource-intensive.<BR><BR>Dunc

J Guest

Default How to do it

Dunc,<BR><BR>Can you give some details on how to check the account IIS has read access to the registry keys for the Excel.Application object? I don&#039;t what to look for in the registry.<BR><BR>Thanks a lot