I&#039ve got a form that users are filling out and the data is getting put into an Access97 database. I need to display the autonumber that is added to the field when it is added to the database. It has been suggested that I requery after the database has been updated, and then display the field. (Right now, it doesnt give me the value because the new record isnt in the recordset.) I&#039m having some serious trouble getting the requery to work. My code and error message are listed below. I sure could use some help, any is appreciated. Thanks in advance. -JimS (jsparks@jgraphix.com)<BR><BR>----------<BR>RecordSet.Update<BR> Added = "True"<BR><BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;% If Added = "True" Then %&#062;<BR><BR>Thank You, &#060;%= Request.Form("OPINIT") %&#062;!<BR><BR>The information you entered has been added to the Data Entry Problems database!<BR><BR><BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>&#039default SQL<BR>SQL = "SELECT * FROM dataentry WHERE ENTRYDATE=#" & Request.Form("ENTRYDATE") & "#" <BR>cmdDC.CommandText = SQL<BR>Set RecordSet = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR>Reco rdSet.Open cmdDC, , 0, 2<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>RefNum : &#060;% Response.Write(RecordSet.Fields("ENTRYDATE")) %&#062;<BR><BR><BR>&#060;% End If %&#062;<BR>------------<BR>Thats the second of code after the update is completed.<BR>------------<BR>Thank You, sda!<BR>The information you entered has been added to the Data Entry Problems database!<BR>RefNum : <BR>ADODB.Field error &#039 80020009&#039 <BR><BR>Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted; the operation requested by the application requires a current record. <BR><BR>/problemtrack/process_dataentry.asp, line 63 <BR>--------<BR>That&#039s the error im getting when it hits the line of code to show me the data in the REFNUM field of the table.<BR>--------<BR>