problem with access db on IIS5

Thread: problem with access db on IIS5

Default problem with access db on IIS5

i have problem with updating db on IIS 5 for my website, <BR><BR>the DB file is undert database directory, whenever my asp page <BR>loaded, i got HTTP 500 error, if i put the db file under root and the corresponding connection path change to root as well, i can display record in the db but can&#039;t update(that&#039;s fine, coz the permission). <BR><BR>then i wrote a simple update to test it, it still produce same problem. Everything work fine under local IIS4, but it doesn&#039;t work on Web hosting which is IIS5 <BR>anyone can suggest me what&#039;s going on? thanks <BR><BR>Provider = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" <BR>DBPath = "Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("database/db.mdb") <BR>set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR> Provider & DBPath <BR>sqlupdate = "update Product set ModelNo = &#039;xxx&#039; where ID=&#039;123&#039;" <BR>conn.execute(sqlupdate) <BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: problem with access db on IIS5

Firstly, turn off "Friendly HTTP Errors" in Internet Explorer.<BR><BR>Otherwise you get "500 Error" for every type of error! This way you will get an error code and description, which makes it easier to work with.<BR><BR>My first and foremost idea would be to check the permissions. If the error you are getting is "Operation must use an updatable query" (or something similar), then make sure that the System has read/write/modify permissions on the database.<BR><BR>Craig.