Insert Error

Thread: Insert Error

Default Insert Error

Hi, I&#039;ve been pouring over the posts on this subject and have got nowhere. I am quite new to this stuff also, and am using ultradev at the moment. I&#039;m having the following error when trying to insert text into a "description" field. This is a multi line text box:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E14)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement.<BR>/forresinfo/search/asp/admin/add_update_del/new.asp, line 90<BR><BR>Line 90 is as follows:<BR><BR> Set MM_editCmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")<BR> MM_editCmd.ActiveConnection = MM_editConnection<BR> MM_editCmd.CommandText = MM_editQuery<BR><BR>90&#062;&#062;MM_editCmd.Execu te<BR><BR> MM_editCmd.ActiveConnection.Close<BR><BR>I have tried response writing some variables but nothing is returned.<BR><BR>Can anyone help? There&#039;s probably more code to add for your information, what would that be?<BR><BR>Thanks hugely<BR><BR>David

Default RE: Insert Error (found problem)

Hi,<BR><BR>i&#039;ve found the problem, it was that my column name for description was DESC, which is reserved by access. Now I have changed the column name to DESCRIPTION and it works.<BR><BR>Hope this maybe helps another(s)<BR><BR>Cheers<BR><BR>David

PJ Guest

Default RE: Insert Error

Line 90 in UltraDev is just executing the script it has been assembling for the previous &#039;x&#039; lines of code. You&#039;re better off posting the code above this line, too, so we can see. UltraDev is pretty smart about putting together simple updates and inserts. It may very well be there is no value to insert and UltraDev doesn&#039;t know what to do. Can you show us the code and tell us a little about what you&#039;re inserting?<BR><BR>PJ