connection error

Thread: connection error

Gerard Leeuw Guest

Default connection error

HI,<BR><BR>Today I uploaded my new site to the internet and I get the following error when clicking on my forum which is connected to a database:<BR><BR>ADODB.Connection.1 error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>SQLState: IM002<BR>Native Error Code: 0<BR>[INTERSOLV][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified<BR><BR><BR><BR>I used a dsnless string. It worked well on my personal web server. Does this error means my provider does not allow dsnless connections?<BR><BR>Many thanks for all your answers :)<BR><BR>Gerard Leeuw<BR>The Netherlands<BR>

Default RE: connection error

is your dsnless connection string set up as a session or application variable in the global.asa?<BR><BR>if so, it is possible that the ISP site does not process the global.asa (ie the site is not a web application) - it may be that your ISP simply needs to make your site a web app.<BR><BR>if it is the case that global.asa is not being processed, then you could still have a session variable for the connection string like this: <BR>put your site into a frame set where your web page is a frame column that takes up 99% (say) of the window. In the frame that uses the 1%, put a blank asp page that contains the code to instantiate and assing the Session variable for the connection string<BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>including the code to set up the session variable in

Default Check that the path is still correct <eop

Gerard Leeuw Guest

Default RE: Check that the path is still correct <eop

Thanks for your time,<BR><BR>The path is absolutely correct, believe me.<BR><BR>And that frame thing does not seem like a solid solution to me. But thanks anyway. I will contact my provider if he can set up a dsn for me. <BR><BR>Again thanks a lot for your time,<BR><BR>Gerard