Please Help!!!

Thread: Please Help!!!

Trish M Guest

Default Please Help!!!

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039;m getting an error when I&#039;m trying to do a response.redirect to another page the code is as follows:<BR><BR>dim varConfirm<BR>varConfirm = Request.form("Confirm")<BR>If varConfirm="no" then<BR>Response.redirect "delete.asp"<BR>End If<BR><BR>Basically I&#039;m trying to redirect the user to the first page. <BR><BR>The error I get is this:<BR><BR>Response object error &#039;ASP 0156 : 80004005&#039; <BR><BR>Header Error <BR><BR>The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header modifications must be made before writing page content. <BR><BR>This is really annoying!!! please can someone suggest a few ideas on how to fix it, I&#039;ve tried everything!!<BR>

Troy Ackerman Guest

Default easy fix

add the following line up near the top of your code.<BR>you cannot port some of the page and then do a redirect. you have to buffer the whole page if you&#039;re going to use redirects. good idea to include this line in all your pages anyway.<BR>----------------------<BR>Response.Buffer = True<BR>---------------------<BR><BR>Troy Ackerman

Elohnna Guest

Default RE: Please Help!!!

Where are you putting the HTTP headers? Before or after your response.redirect?

Default FAQ's

Here you go...<BR><BR>