Hi - I&#039;m inserting the sessionID into an access database, and then querying the db for the max sessionid -- the problem is that I can see in Access that the insert has taken place, but the insert doesnt appear on the ASP page I&#039;ve tried buffering, requerying but it doesnt seem to work. below is what I&#039;m trying:<BR><BR>thanks --- bob<BR>&#039;INSERT THE SESSION_ID INTO THE DATABASE<BR> Set Cmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")<BR> Cmd.ActiveConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source = d:inetsawpa_giswellssession_id.mdb" <BR> Cmd.CommandText = "Insert into Session_id (Session_Num) values (" & ID & ")"<BR> Cmd.CommandType = adCmdText<BR> Cmd.Execute<BR> <BR> Response.Flush<BR> <BR> &#039;QUERY <BR> Dim rs, strSql, strConn, theID<BR> strConn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source = d:inetsawpa_giswellssession_id.mdb"<BR> strSql = "Select max(Session_Num) As theID from Session_ID"<BR> Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR> rs.Open strSql, strConn, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly, adcmdText<BR> rs.requery<BR> theID = rs("theID")<BR> response.write ("<BR><BR>&#060;b&#062;HERE IS THE MAX FROM DB: " & theID & "&#060;b&#062;")<BR> rs.close<BR> set rs = nothing<BR> <BR> &#039;RESET DB<BR> &#039;Cmd.CommandText = "Delete * from Session_ID"<BR> &#039;Cmd.Execute<BR>