Error accessing data base in MSAccess

Thread: Error accessing data base in MSAccess

Raffiudeen Guest

Default Error accessing data base in MSAccess

THE ERROR MESSAGE!<BR>***********************<BR>ADODB.Field s error &#039 800a0cc1&#039 <BR><BR>ADO could not find the object in the collection corresponding to the name or ordinal reference requested by the application. <BR><BR>/ASP/Contact.asp, line 19 <BR>********************************************** *****<BR>I GOT THE FOLLOWING ERRORS A LITTLE LATER (DON&#039T TKNOW WHY):<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified <BR><BR>/raffiudeen/ASP2.0/Contact.asp, line 14 <BR>********************<BR> I am including my URL for you to check. Please copy and paste the following URL to your address box and see the error message:<BR> <BR>PLEASE HELP FINDING THE PROBLEM. I AM WORKING ON THE DATA BASE PROJECT ON ASP, WHICH IS DUE ON MONDAY. AT THIS POINT YOU ARE THE ONLY SOLUTION. AGAIN THANK YOU FOR CONTACTING ME WHICH IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED!!<BR><BR>Sincerely<BR>Raffi<BR>Zraffi@

Tony H Guest

Default RE: Error accessing data base in MSAccess

For the 800004005 error, If you have not created a DSN (file, system or otherwise)there&#039s no way for the ODBC driver to connect to your DB. Go to your control panel, select the ODBC Data Sources applet and select the System DSN tab, click Add and select the driver you want to use. In your ASP code, open a connection object, then open it with the name you gave it in the above steps. Ex: YourODBCstring<BR>Good Luck

Default RE: Error accessing data base in MSAccess

raffi, <BR><BR>post your ASP source code here so we can better diagnose the problem...