Too few parameters? help me !

Thread: Too few parameters? help me !

Felipe R. Mahalem Guest

Default Too few parameters? help me !

in the line :<BR><BR>objRS.Open strSQL, objConn<BR><BR>Is giving the error :<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e10&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1. <BR><BR><BR>why ?? Here is the full code :<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim objConn<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .ConnectionString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=e:homeairwalkdados est.mdb"<BR>objConn.Open <BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim objRS, variable1, variable2, variable3<BR>Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") <BR><BR>Dim strSQL<BR>strSQL = "SELECT nome, pontos, insetos FROM recordes WHERE code = 10" <BR>objRS.Open strSQL, objConn<BR><BR>Set variable1 = objRS("nome")<BR>Set variable2 = objRS("pontos")<BR>Set variable3 = objRS("insetos")<BR><BR>objRS.Close<BR>Set objRS = Nothing<BR>objConn.Close<BR>Set objConn = Nothing <BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%= variable1 %&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%= variable2 %&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%= variable3 %&#062;<BR><BR><BR><BR>tnkx!

Default RE: Too few parameters? help me !

Is Code a text or numeric field? If it&#039s a text field then you need to embed single quotes around your parameter. Another reason I&#039ve gotten that message is a typo in the select field names.<BR><BR>--bob<BR><BR>

Felipe R. Mahalem Guest

Yes, code is a numeric field... what i need to do ??

hu kearz Guest

Default Maybe try this manner of execution

Set objRS = objConn.Execute(strSQL)<BR>instead of<BR>objRS.Open strSQL, objConn<BR><BR>I don&#039t know if it&#039ll make a difference; based on the information you presented, I doubt it. But it can&#039t hurt!<BR><BR>Good Luck

Brad Kingsley Guest

Run that SQL statement outside of ASP and check the results. I would guess that either a field name is mispelled or perhaps one of the field names conflicts with a reserved word.<BR><BR>-Brad Kingsley, MCP - NT, IIS4<BR>Reliable Windows NT Web Hosting<BR>ORCS Web, Inc -

Ben Timby Guest

I would be a field name or table name is spelled differently in the script than in the DB.

Pankaj Gupta Guest

The parameter names in your Sql query might be using some of the keywords/reservewords of sql.For example some of the reserve words of sql which we normally use as the field names of our tables are resume,transactions,expire etc.<BR><BR>--Pankaj Gupta,MCSD.<BR>