Retain values in hidden fields

Thread: Retain values in hidden fields

Default Retain values in hidden fields

Hi all,<BR>I have a form containing the list of alphabets as links.<BR>On clicking a link the form is posted and the names starting with that letter is displayed ,i select some names and store it in a hidden field.<BR><BR>I click on the next link the list of names is displayed, when i select some names and add it to the hidden field the names previously selected(before posting the form) is not available<BR><BR>Is there any way to retain the value??Pls help me<BR><BR>Rgds,<BR>Bindu

Harish Guest

Default RE: Retain values in hidden fields

when clicking on ur alphabet for the second time pass the hidden field values to a query string and make the hiddenfield value=request.querrystring(var)& yourselectednames.<BR>Hope this helps<BR><BR>Regds<BR>Harish

Default RE: Retain values in hidden fields

Hi Bindu,<BR>Are u posting the same form again and again? If it&#039;s so, then hidden variables will not be helpful. B&#039;cos it is again and again initialized on form opening. For this u can create a session level variable and keep concatinating to it. Otherwise u can create a dictionary object and store it. Dictionary object should be defined at session level. But there are certain threading issues when u use dictionary object at session level. So please take some advice from different sites before using dictionary object at session level.<BR>Hope this will be helpful for you.<BR>Regards,<BR>Raju<BR>