2 submit buttons in 1 form

Thread: 2 submit buttons in 1 form

celeste Guest

Default 2 submit buttons in 1 form

what if i have a form with a modify and delete button .... how can i pass the information if i choose modify the info will go to page2 and if i choose delete the info will go to page3?

Sreedharan Guest

Default Two ways: 2 submit buttons in 1 form

You can do this in two ways:<BR><BR>In the onClick event of each button, call a function, Eg<BR><BR>&#060;input name="cmdSave" type="button" value="Save" onClick="fSaveData();"&#062;<BR>&#060;input name="cmdDelete" type="button" value="Delete" onClick="fDeleteData();"&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;script language=Javascript&#062;<BR>&#060;!--<BR>function fSaveData()<BR>{ var strID = document.forms[0].txtID.value;<BR> var strName = document.forms[0].txtName.value;<BR> var URL = "Page1.asp?ID=" + strID + "&NAME=" + strName;<BR> location.href = URL;<BR>}<BR><BR>// Do the same thing for the Delete button<BR><BR>function fDeleteData()<BR>{ var strID = document.forms[0].txtID.value;<BR> // You may only want ID for deleting<BR> var URL = "Page21.asp?ID=" + strID; <BR> location.href = URL;<BR>}<BR><BR><BR>Second Method:<BR>Instead of type=button above, use type="submit".<BR><BR>In your ASP page, check which button has been clicked<BR>&#060;% If Trim(Request.Form("cmdSave")) &#060;&#062; "" Then<BR> &#039; Do your saving stuff here, then redirect<BR> Response.Redirect "Page1.asp"<BR> End If<BR> If Trim(Request.Form("cmdDelete")) &#060;&#062; "" Then<BR> &#039; Do your Deleting operation here, then redirect<BR> Response.Redirect "Page2.asp"<BR> End If<BR> %&#062;<BR>

Default also..

you can use the action property to alter where the form goes..<BR>&#060;input type=button name="button1" value="save" onclick="document.formName.submit()"&#062;<BR>&#06 0;input type=button name="button2" value="delete" onclick="setForm()"&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;script language="javascript"&#062;<BR>function setForm(){<BR>var someOtherURL = "http://nowhere.com/theDeleter.asp";<BR>document.formName.action = someOtherURL;<BR>document.formName.submit();}<BR>& #060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>.. i&#039;m not sure if this is the exact way to do this, but basically its all here. this may or may not be supported in all versions of netscape, but works with ie.