Setting Cookies in Netscape... Again...

Thread: Setting Cookies in Netscape... Again...

Default Setting Cookies in Netscape... Again...

Still not fixed, if anyone can help... PLEASE...<BR><BR>This is my first time using cookies, so I&#039m hoping I&#039m just missing something...<BR><BR>I&#039ve set up a form that gathers user info and on submission, sets a cookie, with several keys, on the users system. I&#039ve tested it extensively in IE5 and it works great. Every time I return to the site it recognizes my cookie. Here&#039s some of the code I use to set the cookie:<BR><BR>&lt;%<BR><BR>Response.Cookies("user ")("fname") = Request.Form("Fname")<BR>Response.Cookies("user")( "lname") = Request.Form("LName")<BR>Response.Cookies("user")( "email") = Request.Form("email")<BR>Response.Cookies("user")( "pass") = Request.Form("password")<BR>Response.Cookies("user ")("lastvisited") = Date<BR><BR>Response.Cookies("user").Domain = ""<BR>Response.Cookies("user").Expires = Date + 365<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>However, when I register on the same site using Netscape 4.7 it doesn&#039t write the cookie. I test to see if the cookie exists and return a "welcome back" message with the user name if it does, otherwise it&#039s a login/register link back to the login page. In IE5 it always recognizes me, but in Netscape it never does. Is there something I&#039m missing in this process?<BR><BR>Thanks for your help!<BR><BR>Eddie Appell<BR>

Default RE: Setting Cookies in Netscape... Again...

Try it without the:Response.Cookies("user").Domain = ""<BR><BR>Also, please do not store the users password in a cookie. People are paranoid enough about cookies as it is. If they find that you&#039re storing their password, especially in a human readable form, on their PC, then their concerns are justified. <BR><BR>--bob