Creating a new html page

Thread: Creating a new html page

Yiftach Guest

Default Creating a new html page

Hi,<BR><BR>Is there a way to create a new HTML page using ASP and then save it on the server with a specific name?<BR><BR>Thank you in advance.

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE: Creating a new html page

Read up on the FileSystemObject, it&#039s for writing text to files and you can name the file anything.html or .htm, whatever you choose.<BR><BR>http://www.activeserverpages.com/iishelp/vbscript/htm/vbs404.htm<BR><BR>hope this helped<BR><BR>Nathan Pond

Yiftach Guest

Hi,<BR><BR>Thanks, but I searched something that creates a new page. the FileSystemObject opens and writes into and existing file. Thanks anyway.

Nathan Pond Guest

"Is there a way to create a new HTML page using ASP and then save it on the server with a specific name?"<BR><BR>Call me crazy.. but that sounds to me that you want to write an html file on the server.. :-)<BR><BR>oh well... glad you got it figured out<BR><BR>Nathan

Yiftach Guest

Well... The thing I need it for is to create a virtual greeting card. And what I saw in sites that do it, is that they create an HTML page when a user fills out a form, and then a week later the file is deleted, that is what I search for.

pnub Guest

Maybe you could use an Access database and store the information for the user and then after a week or so delete the entry...it&#039s somewhat easier (in some ways) rather than having a separate file for each user. Then, you could have the page created on the fly when the user enters his/her key or however you are going to retrieve the page. Just a suggestion... :o)