increase speed

Thread: increase speed

Linh Guest

Default increase speed

Is there anyway to increast the loading time on the sql server?<BR>My asp pages are fast under the local odbc dsn link but when I put it on the server, it&#039;s almost twice slower. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated! thanks!<BR>

<eop> Guest

Default Using stored procs?

Reggie Guest

Default RE: increase speed

Open up the IIS Settings and check the "Make SQL Go Faster" checkbox. Ok, I&#039;m not funny. There&#039;s no quick way of increasing the speed other than going through your code and streamlining it. Get rid of all those SELECT *&#039;s unless you really need everything. Make sure there are no better ways to do old algorithms. I used to not even know what autonumber fields were so I mimicked them by SELECTing the MAX() and adding 1 to it.

Linh Guest

Default RE: increase speed

Yeah I did change my select statement to select only the required fields but still doesn&#039;t help much.. I have some if statements in there wonder if that causes it to slow down..Thanks for your help!<BR>

Linh Guest

Default RE: Using stored procs?

Could you explain a little or point me a reference to using stored procs?? Thanks!

Default Post a sample page...

... and we&#039;ll evaluate potential improvements. It may be an issue with your ADO methodologies. Are you using WinNT or Win2k?