I have just spent several months building a nonprofit web site, www.frogs.org, and on Friday we went live. (hooray!)<BR><BR>Today, I began the process of registering the site in search engines and discovered something that is very disappointing. Forgive me if this is common knowledge. Many spiders don&#039;t index .asp pages.<BR><BR>As an example, I got the following message from AltaVista:<BR><BR>"Note that AltaVista does not accept .asp pages, as the spider <BR>will not be able to crawl through and index the site."<BR><BR>Pretty disappointing, considering that 99% of the pages in my site are .asp.<BR><BR>I have just spent about an hour combing through the FAQs and posts at 4Guys, CNET, ZDNet, and found surprisingly little written about this issue. I certainly did not find an "magic bullet" for dealing with the situation.<BR><BR>Is there a magic bullet?<BR><BR>I apologize if this is a very newbie question and I&#039;m just missing it.<BR><BR>BTW. I have tried to think of a couple of work around solutions. For example: creating "index.htm" pages in my root and all main (i.e., section) directories which refreshes immediately to the corresponding "index.asp" pages. This might work for some spiders. But I got a message back from one free, online "meta tag analyzer" indicating that &#060;refresh&#062; tags are "not spider friendly"--one can understand why--no matter what time duration is set.<BR><BR>An alternative solution might be to create .htm "splash pages," but what a pain in the behind for my web visitors, huh? I don&#039;t think I want to require them always to click TWICE, instead of just once, every time they try to link to one of my .asp pages from a search engine.<BR><BR>Anyway...<BR><BR>Any ideas or references surely would be appreciated.<BR>