Scroll Bars

Thread: Scroll Bars

Hiram Upchurch Guest

Default Scroll Bars

I have a page that makes use of 2 HTML frames. The top frame is a set of column headers for the data that appears in the bottom frame. My problem is that the data is too wide for the screen, so hence I get scroll bars. What I need to do is when the user scrolls in one frame, it needs to automatically scroll in the other frame. If this can be done, it must be in VBScript as we are not allowed to use JavaScript here (not that I know how to do it in JS either).<BR><BR>All help on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reggie Guest

Default RE: Scroll Bars

That&#039;s probably impossible. Do you have to use frames?

Hiram Upchurch Guest

Yes, for this app frames are mandatory. But just for the record, do you have an idea that would work outside frames??

Give your two frames names, I called mine "topFrame" and "bottomFrame"<BR><BR>in "topFrame"&#039;s body tag put<BR>&#060;body onScroll="parent.bottomFrame.document.body.scrollL eft = document.body.scrollLeft"&#062;<BR><BR>and in "bottomFrame"&#039;s <BR>&#060;body onScroll="parent.topFrame.document.body.scrollLeft = document.body.scrollLeft"&#062;<BR><BR><BR>This will only work in IE, but I assume that&#039;s what you wanted since you only use VBScript.<BR><BR>Cheers