PWS installation

Thread: PWS installation

sherber Guest

Default PWS installation

Hi ,<BR>i&#039;m sorry to ask such a silly Q but i need help.i installed PWS on my home PC and while i was installing there was an error so it was not installed successfully.i would like to remove PWS and reinstall it again.Is it possible..Please help.Thanks for your help.<BR>

Default RE: PWS installation

If the error was regarding MTS then don&#039;t worry about it. That error is normal and PWS will function just fine.

Default Tis true.....

However, if you *insist* on re-installing it :-) and you are using WinME, (or I believe 98) and want to avoid the error, here are the steps.<BR><BR>1) Download the newest version of PWS from <BR> <BR> Yes, this is the NT 4.0 Option Pack, but it includes the version of PWS for <BR> Win95 which can be used on WinMe with the following tweaks. After <BR> downloading Download.exe, run it and select the option to download PWS for <BR> Win95. <BR><BR>2) See <BR> Download the patch and implement per the instruction in this KB article. <BR><BR>3) Important! Do a Custom install of PWS, installing only the Transaction <BR> Server component. To do this, uncheck all the options, then check <BR> Transaction Server - it will add checks to the other components needed for <BR> it, but not the Personal Web Server option. <BR><BR>4) After Setup completes and a reboot, re-run Setup and add PWS. Reboot after <BR> Setup completes. <BR><BR>5) PWS should now work. Easiest way to implement using it for local copies of <BR> your web pages is to copy the contents of the entire local folder structure <BR> of your web site to C:Inetpubwwwroot (or the folder you selected during <BR> PWS setup). To clarify, if the local copy of your web site is in <BR> D:MyWebSite, with the default start page and all sub-folders located <BR> there, you copy all the files and sub-folders, but not the D:MyWebSite <BR> folder itself. <BR><BR>6) If you are using ASP and your start page is default.asp, allow your file to <BR> overwrite the default.asp file already in C:Inetpubwwwroot. If you are <BR> using index.htm or some other start page, you need to rename the PWS <BR> default.asp file so it is not the default page for the local site. <BR><BR>7) In your web browser address bar, type... <BR><BR> Http://<BR> bring up your start page. <BR><BR>Good luck and enjoy.<BR>